Get ready to move to the rhythm of the Gulf at the Outback by the Sea Festival!
10 days of music, food, arts, sports, and culture spanning 26th September to October 5th, 2020 where the Outback meets the Sea.
The full event program is being finalised, but there is plenty of action to suit all ages, interests, and levels of fitness already lined up. Check out What’s On below.
Saturday 26TH September at the Barra Centre Karumba
- 5.00 pm Official opening of the new Hatchery – public welcome to attend.
- 6.00 pm – 10 pm Free music concert featuring renowned musicians David Hudson, Tim Griffin and Split Image. The stars will shine on the open air stage in the middle of the lagoon as you tap your toes on the covered deck listening to an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary music from diverse genres including blues, country, and rock. Book Tickets Here – Limited numbers so get in quick.
Monday 28th September at the Sunset Tavern Karumba Point
- 7.30am Morning Glory Breakfast at the Sunset Tavern. The Morning Glory cloud is the most stunning astronomical phenomenon on earth and if you’re lucky Karumba may just deliver one as you enjoy a catered breakfast by the sea. If not there will be plenty of video footage and stories about the “Glory”. $20 per person.
Tuesday 29th September at the End of the Road Motel Karumba Point
- 6.00pm – 8.00 pm Seafood and Cocktail Evening with Tim Griffin Live. Enjoy a four course dinner of fantastic Karumba seafood, with the backdrop of live music and the sun slipping slowly into the sea in a blaze of red and orange. Cocktail dress please. Tickets $80 per head. Book Early as numbers are limited. Contact email@example.com.
Tuesday 29th September – Thursday 1st October at the Barra Centre Karumba
- 10am – 3pm Interactive Ghost Net Workshops and Demonstrations with Pormpuraaw Art Gallery Artists. Ghost nets (fishing nets) lost at sea pose a massive threat to marine life. Learn how these talented Indigenous artists are creating sculptures using the trash that is killing thousands of animals every year. Get hands on and see what your inner artist can produce. Free to participate.
Wednesday 30th September at the Barra Centre Karumba
- 5pm – 10pm Mexican Fiesta at the Wild Fish Café with live music.
- 6.30pm -7.30pm Yin Yoga Session. Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga as exercise, incorporating principles of traditional Chinese medicine, with asanas (postures) that are held for longer periods of time than in other styles. Anyone can join in, no experience necessary. If you have, bring your own mat, and please bring a towel.
Friday 2nd October – Monday 5th October Karumba Anglers Classic.
A weekend of fishing, fun and family. Take part whether you fish or not – lots of ways to be a winner. Nomination details, prizes, and all the details you need to know can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/1452035705081499/posts/2326756204276107/
Please note numbers attending these events have been significantly reduced to ensure social distancing measures are implemented, and attendees should be confident that COVID Safe Plans and Event Checklists have been adhered to.
It is also particularly important to note that you should not attend any of these events if you are unwell or displaying symptoms such as a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.